Friday, November 27, 2009

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins



I do believe the last time I was one here, I promised to post more. Well, that was back in September. I am definitely disappointed in myself for not making more time for this. I always have the excuse of homework - which is true - but it sounds so lame. The problem is laziness. I am reading a lot and making mental notes in which to go over in future reviews, but that does no good if I never write them. So, - though my promises are no longer worth anything - I am going to start posting more. To start off, I have my Catching Fire review.


Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Number of Pages: 391
Rating: 5/5
Strongly Recomended


Summery: Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumours of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

Review: If you read The Hunger Games, then you already know what an amazing writer and story teller Suzanne Collins is. But the question isn’t whether she can write a good book. The question is whether she can satisfy her readers with a sequel. The answer is yes. She can not only satisfy her readers, but go above and beyond.
Catching Fire was better than what I was expecting. The second book in any series is generally not as good as the first. But Catching Fire is an exception. The same amount of passion, anxiety, and adventure is in this installment in the series as the very first. Similar to the first book, the twists and turns in plot are completely unexpected. Usually adding to the overall suspense.

I really don’t want to give anything away if you haven’t read it, but a comment on the ending is a must. If you’ve read The Hunger Games, then you know about the insane cliff hanger ending. Expect the same thing when reading Catching Fire. It will infuriate you. The need to know what happens next will eat away at you until insanity overtakes you. ;)

This book is recommended above everything else. If you haven’t read The Hunger Games, I would advise you read that first and then continue on to this one. Whether or not you like to read doesn’t even matter. The story, characters, writing, - everything! - is simply amazing. Everyone should read this series. Everyone.

1 comment:

Alix said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I absolutely loved this book and can't wait for No 3. I have no idea how it will end or even how I want it to end!!!!!